
Makayla got her cast off today! She is suppose to gradually wean herself off of the crutches and increase the amount of pressure she puts on her foot. She may have to start physical therapy in a couple of weeks. The doctor is concerned about her range of motion so she has to go back in two weeks. He is still worried about the growth plate and will xray both legs in six months and compare the growth. She has to wear a brace with her shoes. After the appointment, we had to go buy her new shoes. After 2 1/2 months in a cast, I didn't figure she would want to wear one almost new shoe and one worn out shoe. We are so excited that she is out of the cast!!




Greetings!
ReplyDeleteIt was good to see Makayla without a cast. Now Makayla, you listen to your doctor and your parents and take it easy as you regain your strength.
Hope to see you all next Tuesday night at the RRBC meeting.
Take care and know I think of all of you often.
Al
Al - Thanks for the good advice for Makayla. We are so ready for her to get up and get things for herself. I don't know if I will make it Tuesday, but I am sure Monty will. See you soon. Melissa
ReplyDelete