Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One week update

We are definitely in a better situation than we were last Tuesday. Looking back over the past few days, I am grateful that we have made it this far. We have only seen 1 of 6 doctors today. The kidney doctor said that Monty's kidneys have fully recovered. Praise the Lord! I have no clue what the reports and lab results will look like later today. All I know at this point is what I can see, and Monty looks good today. He felt like bathing, putting on pajamas, going for a walk, and he even wanted to do some manscaping on his week long whiskers. Manscaping = shaving, just in case you were confused. I came up with that word a long time ago and have continued to use it. We were unable to sleep last night. Nurses and therapists were in and out all night. Please be in prayer for the little lady in the next room. She had a bad night. Honestly, she made me have a bad night. Please keep in mind that we are a week into this hospital stay. My nerves are shot, and I am mentally and physically exhausted. With that being said, the poor little lady must be very elderly and so confused. She screamed "ma'am, ma'am" for at least 3 hours straight. I kept asking the nurse if she could hear her. She kept saying yes. I guess she was trying to ignore her. I feel bad for the little lady now. However in the middle of the night - not so much. I prayed for her during the night. It went something like this, "God, please shut her up." When I woke up this morning I felt very convicted for the selfish attitude I had in the middle of the night. Please join me in genuinely praying for this lady. She must be so confused and scared to not understand where she is or what is happening to her. Sad. Truly sad. Anyway, there isn't really any news to report on Monty as of now. As soon as I know anything, I'll pass it along.

No comments:

Post a Comment